1. North – 10 June 2014 to be hosted by Manchester City Council
2. South – 23 June 2014 to be hosted by the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
Target audience: Regional and Specialist Regional Advisers, all levels of experience.
Times: Each course will run from 10.30am – 3.30pm and lunch will be provided.
Cost: To cover the cost of refreshments, lunch and course materials there will be a small charge of £15 plus VAT per delegate
Key areas to be covered:
- Looking at how the adviser can explore the needs, motivations, desires, skills and thought processes to assist the learner in their qualification,
- How the adviser can use questioning techniques which will help facilitate the learner’s own thought processes in order to identify solutions and actions.
- The adviser supporting the learner in setting appropriate goals and methods of assessing progress in relation to these goals
- Observe, listen and ask questions to understand the learner’s situation
- The adviser being supportive and non-judgemental of the learner in helping them achieve their goals