This course is aimed at Democratic Services Officers who wish to improve their understanding of the roles of Members and Officers and to develop their political awareness.
- Members and Officers – differences and similarities
- Understanding the different roles of Members
- The political context
- Skills and behaviours for working effectively in a political environment
- Protocols and codes of conduct
- Case studies
- Surgery – an opportunity for delegates to raise issues from their own Authorities
- Learning points and action planning
To book a place on the course, please email: Adso.firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name and contact details (email and telephone)
- Job title and Local Authority
- Date and venue of course
- ADSO member yes/no?
- Additional requirements (dietary etc)
- Purchase order number (please note that we do not accept bookings without a purchase order number)
Joining instructions will be sent to you once your booking has been confirmed.