The ADSO Awards 2018 ceremony will take place this year at the ADSO Annual conference, something we hold every two years. In 2016 Wigan Council were the winners of the “Democratic Services Team of the Year”, Thurrock Council and Norfolk Council are also past winners. We are now accepting nominations for 2018, with an end of July deadline so please get thinking and put forward a submission.
This is an opportunity to celebrate the success of those working within the sector, to share and showcase good practice and to recognise those individuals and teams who had gone the extra mile in carrying out their work.
The Awards are open to ADSO members only and the categories are as follows:
Team of the Year
Entrants must be members of ADSO and need to complete an application form (up to 1500 words) showing that they have met one or more of the following criteria:
- Worked as a team to provide a first class service
- Implemented new systems, practices and procedures to improve the work of the team and its service to customers
- Worked to improve the effectiveness of Members as elected representatives, supporting their work both centrally and within localities
- Worked collaboratively across the business with Members, colleagues and customers
Democratic Services Officer of the Year
Individuals must be members of ADSO and should be nominated by line managers (supported by Chief Executives and Councillors) who need to complete an application form of up to 1000 words. The submission should show that the individual has met one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrated real commitment to his/her Authority
- Developed innovation or best practice in the area of Democratic Services or Governance
- ‘Gone the extra mile’ to provide an excellent service to customers.
The deadline is 5pm on the 3rd August. Once submissions are received they will be evaluated by the ADSO Chair, Director of Development and rep from our main association sponsor.
If you have any questions please contact Sue Keogh. firstname.lastname@example.org