Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, Kensington Town Hall, Horton Street, London
This course is aimed at Democratic Services Officers who wish to develop their understanding of the legislation underpinning the current decision-making process. The content is linked to the Law and Practice module of the ADSO Certificate so it will help current learners with their research for this module.
- Meetings and their legal framework starting with the Local Government Act 1972
- Discussion on the Local Government Act 1985 and Local Government and Housing Act 1989
- Local Government Act 2000 – What did this mean for Local Authorities? What was new?
- Case Studies and feedback – Applying legislation to the democratic process
- Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007 – What changes to the decision making framework did this Act require?
- Local Democracy Economic Development and Construction Act 2009 Case Studies and feedback – Interpreting and applying legislation
- Localism Act 2011 – What new opportunities did this Act bring for Local Authorities?
- 2012, 2014 and 2015 – Discussion regarding most recent legislation including Executive Arrangements 2012, Health and Social Care Act, 2012 and Openness Regulations 2014
- Surgery – Opportunity to raise any questions / discussions or issues with the group