**All places are now filled on the ADSO’s “Meeting and Procedures plus” training course. If you want to be put onto waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org**
This course is aimed at Democratic Services Officers with experience in servicing meetings and assumes a basic level of knowledge and competence in this area.
- Motions and amendments PLUS: exploring formal and procedural motions and their effect on meetings;
- Role of Elected and Co-opted Members;
- Constitutional Issues PLUS – looking at quorums, calling meetings, urgent items and Key Decisions;
- Committees/ bodies for special purposes, looking at Joint Committees within the same Authority and join working
- Committees/ bodies with other Authorities and Area Committees
- Constitutional issues and joint working
- Access to information PLUS – including rights of the public and press, the issue of ‘need to know’ for Councillors, FOI and statutory records;
- Exempt and confidential information;
- Meetings procedures PLUS surgery.
Course Length: 10.00am registration (10.15am start to 4.00pm)
Cost: £95 + VAT (including lunch) for ADSO Members and £130+ VAT (including lunch) for non ADSO Members*
To book a place on the course, please email: Adso.email@example.com with the following information:
- Name and contact details (email and telephone)
- Job title and Local Authority
- Date and venue of course
- ADSO member yes/no?
- Additional requirements (dietary etc)
- Purchase order number (please note that we do not accept bookings without a purchase order number)
Joining instructions will be sent to you once your booking has been confirmed.