This course is aimed at Democratic Services Officers with experience in servicing meetings and assumes a basic level of knowledge and competence in this area.
• Motions and amendments PLUS: exploring formal and procedural motions and their effect on meetings;
• Role of Elected and Co-opted Members;
• Constitutional Issues PLUS – looking at quorums, calling meetings, urgent items and Key Decisions;
• Committees/ bodies for special purposes, looking at Joint Committees within the same Authority and join working
• Committees/ bodies with other Authorities and Area Committees
• Constitutional issues and joint working
• Access to information PLUS – including rights of the public and press, the issue of ‘need to know’ for Councillors, FOI and statutory records;
• Exempt and confidential information;
• Meetings procedures PLUS surgery.
Ian Millichip, Associate trainer for ADSO
To book a place on the course, please email: Adso.firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Name and contact details (email and telephone)
Job title and Local Authority
Date and venue of course
ADSO member yes/no?
Additional requirements (dietary etc)
Purchase order number (please note that we do not accept bookings without a purchase order number)
Joining instructions will be sent to you once your booking has been confirmed.