Station St, Nottingham NG2 3NG
This course is aimed at new managers, or those aspiring to management roles, working in Democratic Services, who want to develop or refresh their skills in managing and developing a team. This will include raising the profile of your team in the organisation and using a coaching approach to problem solving.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand team development theory and how to facilitate a productive and engaged team
- Appreciate different operational styles and how to influence others
- Be able to use a coaching approach for problem solving
- Develop techniques for enhancing their effectiveness as a manager
The style of the workshop will be participative with opportunities to discuss real work situations in a supportive environment.
Key topics for discussion:
- The challenges of leading a team
- Team development – theory and practice
- Taking a team through change
- Influencing styles and the assertiveness model
- Using coaching techniques to explore options, barriers and choices
- Problem solving – practical exercise
- Staying effective in your role
- Leaning and action points
Facilitators: Sue Keogh, ADSO Director of Development and Jackie Shefferd, Associate Development Consultant, South East Employers.
To book a place on the course, please email: Adso.firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name and contact details (email and telephone)
- Job title and Local Authority
- Date and venue of course
- ADSO member yes/no?
- Additional requirements (dietary etc)
- Purchase order number (please note that we do not accept bookings without a purchase order number)