Town Hall - Mare St
London E8 1EA
#Target Audience: This course is aimed at inexperienced staff who want to gain a greater understanding of the workings of Council and the governance arrangements of Local Authorities. It is also directly relevant for learners undertaking the Certificate in Democratic Practice.
The workshop will include discussions around the following topics:
- The Council meeting and its role
- Governance options and arrangements
- Executive Arrangements – their form
- Executive Arrangements – functions and decisions
- Committee System
- Governance changes and decisions
- Governance in the UK
- Evaluation of Executive arrangements and the Committee system
- Conclusions, Feedback and Action Planning
Now fully booked.