Station Street, Nottingham
Target Audience: This course is aimed at inexperienced staff who want to gain a greater understanding of the workings of Council and the governance arrangements of Local Authorities. It is also directly relevant for learners undertaking the Certificate in Democratic Practice.
The workshop will include discussions around the following topics:
- The Council meeting and its role
- Governance options and arrangements
- Executive Arrangements – their form
- Executive Arrangements – functions and decisions
- Committee System
- Governance changes and decisions
- Governance in the UK
- Evaluation of Executive arrangements and the Committee system
- Conclusions, Feedback and Action Planning
To book a place on the course, please email: Adso.email@example.com with the following information:
- Name and contact details (email and telephone)
- Job title and Local Authority
- Date and venue of course
- ADSO member yes/no?
- Additional requirements (dietary etc)
- Purchase order number (please note that we do not accept bookings without a purchase order number)
Joining instructions will be sent to you once your booking has been confirmed.