THIS COURSE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. Please email email@example.com if you wish to be put on a waiting list.
This course is aimed at Democratic Services Officers who wish to improve their understanding of the roles of Members and Officers and to develop their political awareness.
- Members and Officers – differences and similarities
- Understanding the different roles of Members
- The political context
- Skills and behaviours for working effectively in a political environment
- Protocols and codes of conduct
- Case studies
- Surgery – an opportunity for delegates to raise issues from their own Authorities
- Learning points and action planning