ADSO is hosting the highly popular, virtual course ‘Just a Minute’. Just a Minute will be delivered as two, two and a half hour workshops held virtually. Delegates will be required to attend both of the virtual workshops.
This course is aimed at Democratic Services Officers who are required to take minutes of meetings. The target audience will be those who are relatively new to democratic service teams and those with a few years experience.
How the course will be delivered
The course will be delivered virtually, to maximise the delegates learning experience the course has been broken into two virtual workshops.
The workshops will include plenary presentations, case studies and smaller group working, enabling delegates to learn with delegates from across the country.
This workshop aims to provide you with the skills and knowledge to write a local government minute, including:
- An understanding of the law relating to local government minutes
- Tips and good practice for local government minute writing
- An awareness of the different minutes styles used for different types of meetings
- The opportunity to apply your knowledge in practical exercises and case studies with colleagues from other local authorities.
You will need to bring pen and paper, or laptop, or your own preferred minute writing medium!
The workshop will be delivered by Julia Cleary, Scrutiny and Systems Manager at City of Wolverhampton Council.
Date and time
- 27 September – 9:30 – 12:30
- 4 October – 9:30 – 12:30
Delegates are required to attend both workshops. Please note that you only need to book on the 27 September course date to be able to attend both workshops.
How to book a place
To book a place please use the online booking form via the link below.
Please note that you will need to supply a purchase order number. This can either be done by adding to your online booking, alternatively email the purchase order to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the ADSO Certificate Learner free places do not apply for the ‘Just a Minute’ Course.
Terms and Conditions of booking can be found here.
- ADSO Member rate – £110 per person to attend the course
- Non-ADSO Member rate – £160 per person to attend the course
All costs subject to VAT.
The virtual workshop will be held using Zoom.
If you have any questions about the course contact Kirsty.Lowe@emcouncils.gov.uk