Website Nottinghamshire County Council
Salary: £22,911 – £26,317 per annum
Nottinghamshire County Council is one of the largest County Councils in the Country. It has great ambitions for the future; for its citizens, economy, visitors and its staff.
As the Council moves forward it wants to attract new colleagues with their own ambitions and great ideas about how to adapt, innovate, and harness the use of technology and modern flexible approaches to work which have been at the forefront during the response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
You will act as the lead officer in supporting the Council’s Chairman and Vice-Chairman to carry out their civic duties. Working alongside the Assistant Democratic Services Officer – Education Appeals Lead, you will also assist in supporting the Education Appeals process and the Council’s decision-making committees. As such , this role offers a wide range of experience and opportunities that can be utilised to develop a career in Democratic Services.
We are looking for someone with the following knowledge, experience and aptitudes:
– An appreciation of the importance of the civic roles within Councils and an understanding of how those roles are undertaken
– Experience of local government and an understanding of the Democratic Services function
– Political awareness and problem-solving skills with an ability to identify potential issues early, sensitively manage relationships at the political interface and work well with both senior elected members, chief officers and senior officers from partner organisations.
– An understanding of Education Admission Appeals and Exclusion Reviews
– Experience of developing successful working relationships with external customers and partner organisations
– A committed team player with a flexible, helpful and proactive approach and excellent customer care
– Evidence of the ability to adapt and innovate at pace
– High levels of IT literacy including proficiency with MS Word, Email, Committee Management Systems, Education appeals systems and experience of virtual meetings.
– Competitive salary
– Friendly, welcoming team atmosphere
– Flexible working arrangements from both home and office
– Local government Pension Scheme
If you are interested in this role and would like an informal discussion please contact our Democratic Services Team Manager, Keith Ford on 0115 977 2590.
Closing date for applications: 3 August 2020
Interviews: w/c 24 August 2020
To apply for this job please visit nottinghamshire.tal.net.