Website Gedling Borough Council
Salary: £48,747 – £50,675 (pay award pending)
A rare opportunity…
It’s nearly ten years since we last advertised for this role and we would hate for you to miss the chance to apply now.
The job combines both the management of the Council’s electoral services function to deliver elections and referenda and also the management of the democratic support function including responsibility for the provision of an effective PA service to Members and senior officers. The role provides plenty of variety and is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in the senior management and progression of Gedling, to work with Councillors and our ambitious Democratic Services team and really develop the team and themselves.
Acting as Deputy Returning Officer at elections or referenda (for an 89,000 strong electorate) and Deputy Electoral Registration Officer, you will need a good knowledge of, and substantial and successful experience of working in electoral administration and electoral registration. You’ll also need experience of the local authority governance and decision-making processes.
You’ll also want to know about some of the other things that will make this a good place to work:
– This is a great chance to lead a small, professional, friendly team and to make the job your own. It’s a place where you can make a difference.
– We see ourselves as being a supportive employer with some great conditions of service including a generous holiday entitlement, an industry-leading pension scheme and access to a first-rate employee benefits scheme that offers discounts on shopping and activities.
– You will be entitled to substantially reduced gym membership at our leisure centres.
– We have a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme to help you with financial advice and health issues.
– We are happy to work with you to identify hybrid or homeworking work patterns that will help you to balance your home and work life. If you do drive to our offices then you’ll enjoy free parking in a beautiful parkland setting.
At Gedling, we pride ourselves on our “family” feel as an employer but also on the positive difference that we make to the lives of the people in our communities. We would love you to be part of that.
If you want to know more about the job then to start with, please check the details on our website by clicking on the ‘Apply for Job’ button below, or for an informal chat about the role please contact Alec Dubberley Democratic Services Manager on 0115 9013906
Deadline for applications: Sunday 5 December 2021
For full details and to apply, please click on the ‘Apply for Job’ button below.
To apply for this job please visit apps.gedling.gov.uk.