Website Coventry City Council
Salary: £27,514 – £33,486 per annum, subject to experience
Full time, permanent
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic team player with a knowledge of local government political management arrangements to a full time, permanent Governance Services Officer position. The salary for the post is £27,514 – £33,486 per annum, with the starting salary subject to experience.
Working in a challenging but interesting environment, you will provide a high quality legal and administrative support to the Council’s governance and decision-making processes.
The skills you will bring to the role will include:
· The ability to work flexibly as part of a busy team, working to strict legal deadlines and managing conflicting demands
· A good knowledge and understanding of a local authority’s management and political management structure and the role of Councillors
· An ability to analyse and evaluate complex information and to produce high quality, accurate and well-structured written work, including reports and minutes
· The ability to work effectively and confidently with a variety of people, including Councillors, senior officers and members of the public
· A good level of political awareness and experience of dealing with confidential information
The role will be based at the Council House, Coventry, with the opportunity to work from home. Team members are expected to work in the Council offices to support meetings and on other occasions when required.
For an informal chat to find out more about the role contact Lara Knight, Governance Services Co-ordinator – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Sunday 10 July 2022
For full details and to apply, please click on the ‘Apply for Job’ button below.
To apply for this job please visit careers.coventry.gov.uk.