Website The Mercers' Company
Competitive salary & generous benefits package
The Mercers’ Company is a livery company focused on being a philanthropic force for good. We have a rich history dating back over 700 years with philanthropy as the common thread between our past, present and future.
We take our responsibilities very seriously and ensure that our governance is robust and fit for purpose. Our philanthropic work would not be possible without the deep commitment and generosity of our members, and through the long term stewardship of the assets owned by the Company and its charities.
The Company is seeking to appoint an Assistant Committee Manager to support the committees undertaking this work.
The successful candidate will:
– Be educated to degree level or strong administrative experience.
– Have administration experience preferably in a committee structure (desirable).
– Have a high standard of written English and excellent attention to detail.
– Highly organised, with a logical and methodical approach to work.
– Have a calm and diplomatic manner, able to deal effectively with a variety of stakeholders in both formal and informal settings.
– Have an interest in, and knowledge of, the City of London.
Although Committee experience is desirable, those seeking to move into this field and who are highly organised and have a high standard of written English are very welcome to apply as development opportunities will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an ancient but ambitious city organisation, investing in opportunities to create positive change and make a real difference to people lives.
If you would like to have an informal conversation before applying please contact Human Resources on 020 7776 7211
To apply: please submit a short covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of this role with your CV and current salary details to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 10.00am Wednesday 4th September 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org