Website Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service
Salary: £39,880 per annum (rising by annual increments to £42,821 per annum)
Hours: Full-Time – 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Job number: DWFRS – CORP00412
Department: Information, Knowledge and Communication
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service that is committed and passionate about changing and saving lives. Our Service is one of the largest combined Fire and Rescue Services in the country and is rated as ‘Good’ by the HM Inspectorate in terms of our Efficiency, Effectiveness and how well we look after our People.
Our Service offers a wide range of employee benefits and strives to ensure that our employees feel valued and rewarded. For example, we offer a flexi time scheme, Local Government Pension Scheme and a generous annual leave allowance. Other benefits include national and local discounts, a variety of family friendly schemes and health & well-being services.
We are looking for a Senior Executive and Democratic Services Manager working within the Corporate Services directorate. The role will be based at our Headquarters at the Five Rivers Health & Wellbeing Centre in Salisbury.
The successful candidate will:
Lead on the delivery of the executive support function for the Chief Fire Officer and Directors of the Strategic Leadership Team
Provide direct support to the Chief Fire Office in coordinating and producing information and communications with staff and key stakeholders
Ensure the Chief Fire Officer receives effective briefings, documents and reports and is appropriately prepared for key meetings
You must have:
– A degree level qualification, or equivalent managerial qualification, or able to demonstrate significant level of graduate calibre experience at a senior level in a relevant sector, e.g. in Democratic Services or Executive Support
– Specialist knowledge of chief executive officer and at least three years executive (Board Level) Personal Assistant experience
– Good Level of understanding of the Local Government Act and provide oversight and assurance of the democratic process including board level meetings and committees
– An excellent communicator with a positive attitude to internal/external customer care
– Committed to upholding the principles of accountability, openness and transparency
– Able to engage, influence, build and maintain constructive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders both internally and external
– You must have a full current driving licence
– Use of your own vehicle will be required, however a Service vehicle may be available
– You will be required to travel across both counties
– The role involves some evening and weekend working
– A Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) Basis
– Any offer of employment will be subject to full pre-employment checks which include identity checks, right to work in the UK, medical and receipt of satisfactory references
Find out more and apply
If you think you would work well in this role and help make our community safer then we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday, 24th January 2021.
It is intended that interviews will take place on Thursday 4th February 2021. Interviews will be held in person at our Headquarters in Salisbury and there will be a presentation task.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Vikki Shearing, Head of Information, Knowledge and Communication on 07880712319 or Jill McCrae, Head of Strategic Planning and Corporate Assurance on 0771458888.
To apply, click on the following link or use the ‘Apply for Job’ button below:
To apply for this job please visit www.dwfire.org.uk.