The London Branch Spring Seminar 2017 is almost upon us. The seminar will focus on the top of “The Delivery Of Transparent And Accountable Governance For London” and will feature.
- Professor Colin Copus and his colleague Rachel Wall from DeMontfort University, speaking about the work and interim findings of the Councillor Commission.
- Carl Whistlecraft, Head of Governance at Kirklees Council, presenting on the Kirklees Democracy Commission.
- A panel of industry leading professionals discussing and taking questions on the future of local governance and what it means for Democratic Services professionals.
- Craig Bowdery, CLG Parliamentary Select Committee Specialist, to speak about the Committee’s current inquiry into Overview & Scrutiny in Local Government before facilitating interactive sessions with delegates.
- Councillor Tony Arbour (Chairman of the London Assembly and former Leader, Richmond upon Thames Council) providing his unique analysis of local councils, the GLA and the future of London governance.
The event will be held at London Councils, 59½ Southwark St, London SE1 0AL on the 21st April 2017. The event is free but priority will be given to ADSO members.
Thanks to our sponsors for the event:
They will have stand and also be doing a short presentation at the Seminar.
For further information and to register your attendance, please click here