We are seeking expressions of interest to fill the regional representative vacancy on the ADSO Board for East Midlands.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in ADSO and have a real influence in how our association develops.
REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVE ROLE PROFILE
To provide an independent membership organisation for the Democratic Services sector in order to develop and strengthen governance in local public bodies.
In addition to its core functions as a professional membership body, the Association will over the next three years:
- Focus on what it sees as the critical skill set for the governance professional of the future;
- Expand its remit to support and develop improved governance in a range of public bodies;
- Ensure that the Association is “fit for purpose” to respond to the emerging devolution agenda.
The Regional Representative will fulfil the following specific duties:
- Be an active member of the Association’s Board
- Represent and promote the Association as the independent organisation for the Democratic Services Sector in order to develop and strengthen governance in local public bodies.
- Provide the interface between the Association and the membership within the region.
Organise and facilitate regional events to reflect the requirements of the Membership within the region.
- Maintaining an up to date and active webpage on the ADSO website for their region
Support the Board Secretary to ensure that the Membership of the organisation within the region is up to date.
- Provide written updates on progress within their regions to each Board meeting
- To liaise and network with the other regional representatives to support the Board of Directors.
If you are interested, but would like an informal chat, then please either give me a call (07793 013616) or e mail me at email@example.com otherwise please complete the short form below.