ADSO 2021 AGM & Awards Ceremony recording: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6561800051575621644
To skip straight to the Awards Ceremony, start at 1.01:30 on the recording.
Shortlisting has now taken place and nominees will be shared during November, with the winner announced at the ADSO Awards 2021 on 25 November at 1800. To register to join click here.
Learner of the Year
This is open to Learners who have completed either the ADSO Certificate or Diploma since the previous awards ceremony for learners in November 2020.
The learner should be nominated by their Assessor and supported by their Line Manager. Assessors need to fill in the nomination form above once their learner has completed their qualification in order to nominate them for the Award.
They will be asked to comment and provide feedback on the following areas:
- Demonstrated significant progress, innovation or resilience during the course of their studies
- Applied their learning in the workplace for the benefit of their organisation
- Demonstrated new skills or personal development as a result of their studies
- Shown that their qualification and learning experience has directly influenced their progression in the workplace
- Their nomination is supported by their employer
Rookie of the Year
This award is to recognise an individual who is new to the sector but has had a strong and positive impact within their team. Individuals must be members of ADSO; have had no more than 12 months’ experience in Democratic Services by the deadline for nominations; and should be nominated by line managers (supported by the service head and/or director). The submission should show that the individual has met one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrated real commitment to their Authority
- As a new entrant to the sector, has demonstrated an ability to learn at pace, develop working relationships quickly and able to work successfully with minimum supervision
- Developed innovation or best practice in the area of Democratic Services or Governance
- ‘Gone the extra mile’ to provide an excellent service to customers.
Distinguished service award
This is a new award for 2021. The Board wishes to recognise the dedication and achievements of an individual who has made a significant and distinguished contribution to the democratic services sector, not necessarily in terms of length of service, but more about the quality of their contribution. Nominees need to be an ADSO Member and will be judged using the following criteria:
- Worked as part of a team or led a team that provides a first-class service
- Successfully implemented new legislation, new systems, new governance structures or new ways of working and/or efficiencies
- Has developed positive and constructive working relationships with elected Members and senior officers over an extended period and can demonstrate where these positive working relationships have been needed to navigate difficulties.
- Led or demonstrated innovative and leading-edge service delivery
- Is an excellent role model for Democratic Services
Application process and deadlines
Nominations have now closed for Rookie of the Year and Distinguished Service Award for 2021. The winners will be announced as part of the 2021 conference. All entries for the Rookie and Distinguished Service awards will be entered into a draw and the winner of the draw will be able to choose a local or national charity to receive a donation of £100 from ADSO. Learn more about the Awards here.
The winner of each category will receive a certificate and trophy. The winning Learner, ‘Rookie’ Democratic Services Officer and Distinguished service award winners will each receive a £150 cash award to celebrate their achievements. Hear what Peter Sass has to say about the awards here.
All entrants for the awards must confirm in writing at the time of their submission that they have the approval of their line manager/Director to receive the cash prize if they are the eventual winners
For further information, please contact Peter Sass: firstname.lastname@example.org
More about the awards
Hear what Peter Sass, Vice Chair and organiser of the #ADSOAwards2021 has to say about this years awards here.
We have some videos from our #ADSOAwards2020 winners, hear what they have to say about the awards.
First up, Rookie of the Year Emilia Peters.
Jenni Swift was part of one of the teams that won Team of the Year in 2020, hear what Jenni has to say here.
The AGM and Awards Ceremony are both free for Members and for this years completed learners to attend.