The Regional contacts for the North East and Yorkshire and Humberside:
Name: Michael Robson Name: Katherine Harclerode
Authority: North Tyneside Council Authority: Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
Friday 16th October at 10.00 am on Zoom
For Zoom link and passcode, please contact us directly.
The agenda for the meeting will be:
- Welcome and introductions
- A brief discussion about the frequency and format of future regional meetings
- An update on the latest developments within ADSO
- A workshop to share our experiences of remote and hybrid meetings and how their development might enhance transparency, accountability and participation in the future.
If any member wishes to add any further items of business please let us know.
- Friday 27 September 2019 at York City Council
- Friday 14 December 2018 at York City Council
- Friday 21 September 2018 at York City Council
#NotWestminster – 15 and 16 February 2019
Local democracy enthusiasts from across the country came together in Huddersfield on Friday 15 and Saturday 16 February 2019 for #NotWestminster. ADSO has been proud to sponsor this event for the last few years.
It was a free event which included workshops, quick-fire talks, practical activities and conversations with a variety of people outside of the local government bubble. Some of the activities included:
- designing council meeting layouts with Lego
- creating safe spaces for online debates
- the shift from subject to consumer to citizen – the changing face of service delivery and citizenship
If you are interested you can follow up from afar through #NotWestminster on social media or watch the event here – https://notwestminster.blogspot.com/
Developing the ADSO Regional Network
We are keen to enable ADSO Members to get more involved in the association’s activities at a local and regional level. Given the geographical spread of the region from Sheffield to Northumberland, it won’t always be feasible for Members to make regional meetings regularly.
We would welcome thoughts on developing county networks underneath the regional network. If these arrangements are already established, then it would be really good to hear about these.