Website East Herts Council
Grade 10, £42,507 to £46,485 (inclusive of local weighting)
Full time (part-time working and job share considered), Permanent
About the role
An opportunity for an experienced Democratic Services Manager has become available to work at East Herts Council as part of the Legal and Democratic Services team. This is an exciting time for you to join us and develop your career as we are a forward thinking Council engaged in a number of high level projects. We also had all out Elections in May 2019.
This motivated and highly professional team is looking for an individual committed to excellence in their work and with a passion for the political process. If successful, you will assist across all aspects of the democratic process for the service including working with Members, advising officers and attending Senior Leadership Team meetings when required.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
• Developing and maintaining procedures for the submission of reports in accordance with corporate priorities;
• Being responsible for servicing and providing advice and support to Committees, Panels and Forums;
• Compiling and issuing agendas and Minutes and decision sheets of meetings in accordance with corporate and statutory requirements;
• Planning and arranging meetings of the Council and its decision making bodies;
• Attending meetings and providing advice to Officers and Members;
• Ensuring efficient and effective processes are in place linking the decision making processes.
This role will suit a focused and detailed individual who enjoys a political customer facing environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Significant experience of working in a political environment;
• Excellent working knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulations relating to governance and democratic decision making;
• The ability to deal with challenging situations using tact and diplomacy;
• Excellent written and communication skills;
• Ability to motivate and develop individuals;
• Knowledge of managing a service budget.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Monday 16th November 2020 (extended from 1 November)
To apply for this job please visit www.eastherts.gov.uk.