The Council House
Birmingham B1 1BB
This course is aimed at Democratic Services Officers who wish to improve their understanding of the roles of Members and Officers and to develop their political awareness.
- Members and Officers – differences and similarities
- Understanding the different roles of Members
- The political context
- Skills and behaviours for working effectively in a political environment
- Protocols and codes of conduct
- Case studies
- Surgery – an opportunity for delegates to raise issues from their own Authorities
- Learning points and action planning
To book a place on the course, please email: Adso.email@example.com with the following information:
- Name and contact details (email and telephone)
- Job title and Local Authority
- Date and venue of course
- ADSO member yes/no?
- Additional requirements (dietary etc)
- Purchase order number (please note that we do not accept bookings without a purchase order number)
Joining instructions will be sent to you once your booking has been confirmed.